This Month I...

Monday 30 June 2014

Instead of my usual Monthly Favourites, I decided to switch things up a bit this month because it's all about variety, right? So here is a new kind of blog post summing up my month. I'm not sure if it will take over my Monthly Favourites or if I will keep both types of blog posts on the go perhaps every second month, but I'll see how it goes. It's a bit more personal than my normal beauty/fashion/music favourites posts so I hope you enjoy it!



This Month I...

Listened to Ed Sheeran's interesting new album "X" (or Multiply). I say interesting because, like his first single off the album, SING, I'm not quite sure what I think about it as a whole yet. A lot of Ed's new songs are completely different to his soft and lyrical numbers that made me fall in love with his previous album. However, I do feel that in "X", he has proven his songwriting diversity and branched out to even try his hand at rapping in "The Man". I have to admit though, I do prefer the tracks "Photograph" and "I'm A Mess" which bear more resemblance to the Ed we all know and love.

Watched the perfection that is The Fault In Our Stars. I waited for weeks on end with hungry anticipation for the day I could finally see the movie realization of John Green's heartbreaking novel. After all the hopeful waiting, a tiny part of me was worried that the movie wouldn't live up to my immense expectations. Boy, was I wrong. The Fault In Our Stars captured and then broke my heart. I will be posting a full review soon as I can't do this outstanding movie justice in the space of a few lines. In the mean time, if you haven't already, go and see it!

Read Paper Towns by John Green. I couldn't put this book down. It grabbed me from the very beginning with it's believable characters and distinct element of mystery that kept me guessing throughout. Another great piece of work from John Green. Check out his quirkily thought-provoking YouTube channel VlogBrothers as well, which he shares with his brother Hank.

Bought a very pretty little floral top from Penneys. This peplum-style, denim coloured top is adorably girly and sweet. I've worn it casually with skinny jeans and flats and I can see it looking lovely paired with high-waisted shorts and sandals. I'm looking forward to experimenting with different looks, both casual and dressy, using this gorgeous printed top. 

Wore summery clothes of course! Printed playsuits, high-waisted shorts and colourful tops to complement the equally sunny weather. In terms of makeup, I've been wearing the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum which is a lovely, lightweight foundation that's ideal for those summer days when you don't want to feel caked in heavy makeup. The first thing I noticed about this foundation is its delicious fruity fragrance. Yummy. The only thing is, I have oily skin so it seems to slip right off my nose in particular. Because it's quite a dewy foundation, I would recommend it to people with normal/dry skin. 

Ate way too many homemade icecream sundaes. To make your own refreshing sundae, put a few scoops of your favourite ice cream into a glass (I used a mason jar), fill with Sprite to see the fizziness commence and add a bit of food colouring to make it even more appetizing. Finish off with sprinkles and cut a slit in a strawberry to slide it onto the rim of your glass. Trust me, it tastes as delicious as it looks and this tempting ice cream sundae will keep you cool during hot summer days.


That's all for this month, I hope you are all enjoying the summer. Here's to another month of blogging! 

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram here and on Bloglovin here.

xxx

8 comments:

  1. That sundae looks delicious, I would love to try it out :)
    x
    Bella
    www.twodottedlines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make one, they are heavenly :) x

      Delete
  2. I am all for making sundaes at home, need it in this heat <3

    Lovely roundup & am liking your blog too! new follower!

    keep up the good work!

    zara xx
    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I will check out your blog now x

      Delete
  3. Oh my god I love the floral top! It's perfect! And I love your blog too, by the way. Have a lovely day! xx
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I love your blog as well, just discovered it today xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, i also have been loving Bourjois healthy mix!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric