Top 5 Movies for a Cozy Night In

Thursday 26 June 2014


Feel like snuggling up on the couch, relaxing and watching a great movie? You've come to the right place then. Grab the popcorn and enjoy one, or all, of these great movies. 

Here are my top five picks for a cozy night in:
  • Chocolat is an irresistible treat, even its name sounds delicious. If, like me, you have a love for all things French, you're going to love this. Juliette Binoche plays Vianne, a single mother who opens up a chocolate shop in a rural French village during lent. Add in Roux, a mysterious gypsy (played by Johnny Depp), a generous helping of incredibly mouthwatering chocolate as well as an enchanting soundtrack and you have the recipe for an alluring feast for the senses.
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of my favourite novels and the film adaptation featuring Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller  feels just as real and heartfelt. Charlie (Lerman) is an outsider, awkward and lonely, trying to find his way in high school until Sam (Watson) and Patrick (Miller) come along and prove that true friends can make all the difference. With outstanding performances by the main characters and just enough depth, earnestness and sincerity, this is a truly great film. 
  • When I heard that About  Time involved time travelling, it didn't exactly entice me to watch it. However, my doubts were soon forgotten once I sat down and enjoyed this delight of a movie emphasizing the importance of loved ones. Charming, witty and touching, About Time, starring Domhnall Gleeson and Rachel McAdams, will make you laugh, cry and long for more. Perfect for a cozy night in.
  • Of course I had to include The Notebook, the remarkable love story of Noah and Allie (Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams). I'm just warning you though, you will definitely need tissues for this passionate and very romantic tearjerker. A beautifully clever story that you will fall head over heels in love with, I don't think it needs too much explanation. If you haven't seen it yet, where have you been? 
  • Finally, The Great Gatsby starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire, is worth watching even for the sole purpose of escaping into the glamorous era of the 1920's. The glittering costumes, extravagant parties hosted by the secretive Jay Gatsby (Dicaprio) and unexpected soundtrack  makes this an elusive and endearing movie. The storyline is, of course, top-notch as the movie is an adaptation of the classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald. While watching the movie, I couldn't help but notice how visually stunning every scene was. Well worth watching. 
I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any other movie suggestions for a cozy night in, let me know in the comments below. Until next time,

Doireann
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Great post:)
    Following you now,hope you'll do the same!:**
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I have followed you on Bloglovin x

      Delete
  2. About time and the notebook are two of my absolute favourites! I was the same as you, when I heard about time was about time travel I thought it sounded so boring. I went with my family to see it at the cinema and it turned out I was the only one who loved it!

    Chalet girl is also one of my absolute faves!
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Chalet Girl is a lovely movie as well. Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello :)

    The Great Gatsby is such a larger than life movie that it becomes somewhat inspirational. I love that era and all the colour involved! I haven't seen About but I want to! Also I think you might like Dear John if you liked The Notebook.

    Ayesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about The Great Gatsby, it's so colourful and eccentric. You should definitely watch About Time, it was so much better than I expected it to be. Oh I love Dear John as well! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric