March/April Favourites

Thursday 17 April 2014

Here its is! My latest monthly favourites post, this time with a Spring theme. The season of cherry blossoms and daffodils is upon us so sit back and enjoy my monthly roundup of beauty, fashion and music.



Beauty: Only because it was on sale in Boots did I purchase Maybelline's new priming product: Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. Maybelline promise to give us a "baby smooth and matte finish" while erasing all traces of pores with this lightweight primer, but in terms of priming; it didn't really excel. It did however give my skin a lovely dewy look and it did smooth out my skin considerably with it's clear gel-like texture (that could be a nuisance for some as it tends to make your fingers a bit greasy on application) . It's certainly not a phenomenal breakthrough for Maybelline but at the same time it does what it claims to do and it does it pretty well.



I also tried Collection 200's Cream Puff Lip Cream in Fairy Cake which I really like. The colour is a beautiful deep coral and the lip cream (a moisturising matte lip gloss) stays put for longer than most lip products.



The final product in this month's beauty section is the Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks blusher. The shade I bought was Peach Melba which is a darker shade than I would normally wear on my cheeks but it's a great bargain blusher.



Fashion: Flower crowns and floral hair pieces have been on my radar during recent weeks and, with images of floral fashion at Coachella pouring onto my Instagram (@lifebeautyblogger) feed making me extremely jealous, I went out and bought myself a bunch of flowers. Just kidding, I actually bought some pretty, floral accessories in Penneys/Primark. It wouldn't be spring without florals, would it? I'm not yet brave enough to pull off one of the larger flower crowns but I bought a pink, rose entwined hairband which I think is adorable. I also bought a pair of orange flower earrings with a diamond in the centre. Both the hairband and the pair of earrings cost a mere €2 each so my Coachella jealousy was eased a little.
Flower power all the way!

Large flower earrings on the far left and pink rose
hairband on the right, both €2 each  from Penneys.

Music: I absolutley love Ed Sheeran's music. His unbelievable lyrical talent is proving to the music world that he is one of the best songwriters of our generation. I'm counting down the days until I get to see him in concert (170 days in case you're wondering) and I've played his debut album "+" (plus) so often on my iPod that I know almost every song by heart. The official audio of the new single off his second album "x" (multiply) was released a week ago. The song is called SING and I didn't like it at first but after a few good listens, it started to grow on me. It's very catchy but so different to his previous songs which had a much calmer vibe to them. I'm still not sure about it but I'll trust Ed on this one as there is no doubting his talent. Listen to it here: Ed Sheeran - SING and let me know what you think.

I hope you all have a lovely Easter.
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric