DIY Room Decor Ideas

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Room decorating doesn't have to be difficult, time-consuming or costly, it can be a very enjoyable experience with a bit of creativity and inventiveness. Here are three very easy DIY Room Decor Ideas taken from my newly decorated bedroom:


1) Flower Holders



For these cute flower holders, simply paint some recycled jars and add brightly coloured flowers. It's a good idea to look around and see if you have any paint testers lying around the house before going out to buy paint specifically. I used two different testers I had from when I was deciding what colour to paint my walls so the jars now fit in with the colour scheme of the room. One coat of paint will suffice and all that's left to do after they have dried is to add some beautiful flowers. I used artificial ones that I bought very cheaply but of course you can use fresh flowers as long as you remember to look after them! 





2) Stationery Organiser 


To make this handy stationery organiser, you will need:
  • 9 toilet rolls (start collecting them now!)
  • Craft glue 
  • Cardboard from an old cereal box
  • Ribbon
  • Paint (again, I used paint testers for this project)
First of all, cut out a 15 cm x 15 cm square from an old cereal box, this will be the base of the stationery organiser. Next, paint the grey side of the cardboard with one of your paints. After that, it's time to paint the toilet rolls with whatever colours you have chosen. I took three different paint testers and painted three toilet rolls with each one. Once all of the paint has fully dried, line the bottom circle of each toilet roll with craft glue and press each one firmly down on the cardboard square, making sure that the toilet rolls fit together snugly. Finally, wrap a pretty ribbon around the completed organiser and glue it in place. Add a cute little bow before filling up your new stationery organiser with pencils, pens and highlighters. Tah-dah!




3) Floral String Lights



I've always loved the idea of fairy lights in my room, they add such a warm atmosphere to any space. These battery operated floral string lights from Penneys are just gorgeous. You can get so many different variations of string/fairy lights online or in homeware stores and battery operated ones are, in my opinion, the best as you don't have to deal with long wires and plugs. I attached my floral lights with sellotape along the top and sides of my wardrobe, garland style. Simple. The soft glow they give off makes my room feel so cozy.

Doireann 
x

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute, especially the pencil holders, I love anything pastel! x
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great ideas x
    http://my--socalledlife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I just ran across your blog and I love it!! I am now following you on Bloglovin and Google+. Hope you can check out my blog and follow back if you would like. I would love to hear back from you!!

    Take Care
    ~HumbleBeauty
    humblebeauty29.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look at your blog, it's great! I'll follow you on Bloglovin now x

      Delete
  4. So pretty and you have the same wardrobe as me, the Ikea Aspen, isn't it lovely? I kitted my room out over a year ago with the whole set! lol :-)
    http://crystalsparklydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the Aspen and I also have the whole set! Just checked out your blog and I love it! x

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful pics!
    I love all them!
    kisses
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Great post!
    I have nominated you for a Liebster award!
    Come and find out more here!
    http://aliciadeyes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    Chloe

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Doireann, I've always loved your posts and so have nominated you for a blogger award. More details are on my blog, link below. Goodluck :)
    Susan | classysusie

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric